Hello my beginner beauties! This section is all for you! I’m here to help you with foundation matching, concealer, primers, and how to do your eye makeup. I’m here to help with it all! I’m not going to talk and talk and talk, so lets go ahead and jump right into this!
Skincare is first up! Great skincare equals a great makeup application! Skincare if very important, and I will admit I am not the best when it comes to skincare. I might use a makeup wipe to take my makeup off, but it doesn’t take it all off. I’ll go to sleep and believe it or not a lot of my makeup is still on. It will clog my pores, make me break out even more, and my skin the next morning just looks awful! I am trying to get better at it, and its not like its hard to wash your face. I just get lazy at the end of the day and don’t take care of my skin like I should. Lets get into the steps of skincare!
- exfoliating ( gets all the dead skin off your face)
- toner (helps even out your skin tone)
- facial oil
These are the steps you should take to take care of your skin. You do not need to exfoliate every day. If you do it could damage more than it could help. When doing your skincare make sure you put your facial oil on LAST!!
Primer is just as important as skincare! Primer is your base for your foundation. It allows your foundation to go on more smooth and last longer. There are different types of primers.
- blur and smooth
- redness corrector
- pore minimizer
- shine control
There is tons more! There is one for every type of skin type! Makeup Primers also can help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles, or large pores.
Foundation! Most people think you are supposed to match it to your hand. WRONG! You are supposed to match it to your neck. When choosing a shade you want the one that disappears onto your skin. That is how you know you have the correct shade. There are different types of coverage:
- sheer to light
- light to medium
- medium to full
- full coverage
I personally love full coverage foundations because I have scars, acne scars, and acne. I also have discoloration and dark circles. Depending on your skin type and skin issues will depend on what type of coverage you will want.
Concealer and how to pick a shade: There are light weight concealers, and full coverage, heavy duty concealers! My personal favorite is the heavy duty full coverage concealers! I have some dark circles and I want them bad boys covered up! I bet you are wondering how to decide which shade you will need, right? Easy! You want to pick a shade one – two shades lighter than your skin tone.
Its time for eyes!
- ALWAYS use a eye shadow primer. You can also use concealer as a primer.
- You want to learn with a basic eye shadow palette.
- Apply eye shadow colors over a light neutral base to make them stand out more.
- What shades you will need: a highlighter shade that is lighter than your skin tone. A matte mid-tone shade, a contour shade that is two-three shades darker thank your skin tone, and a matte black shade.
Eye Brushes: A small flat eyeshadow brush for application. A small-medium side blending brush. A eye smudging brush (optional.) A crease brush. Eyeliner brush (optional)
Makeup Essential Checklist:
- Translucent powder/ pressed powder/ or both
- Eye shadow palette
- Setting Spray
- Eyebrow pencil (if you want to do your eyebrows)
- Nude or Red Lipstick
Here are some great tips for you!
- Buy fewer high quality materials that can be used for multiple things.
- Avoid cake face by using finishing spray to give a even more natural look.
- Apply eye shadow colors over a light neutral base to make them stand out more. ( this is what you would use eye primer for)
- For flawless blending clean your brushes before moving onto a new product or area on your face. This way you wont pack on any extra product than what is necessary.
- If you want to intensify eyeshadows, spray your brush with setting spray then pack the shadow onto the lid.
Here are some nifty tricks!
- If you feel like your concealer is super heavy, mix a little moisturizer to make it lighter.
- If your lip stain dries out your lips, add a drop of essential oil to create a moisturizing lip stain.
- If you want a certain lip color, but don’t have the lipstick, use eyeshadow and lip gloss to create that perfect shade.
- Use tape for a winged liner.
- BEST MAKEUP TIP EVER IS SLEEP!!